05 Mar How to avoid phishing scams
Cybercriminals use phishing emails to compromise systems and networks and/or gather information using social engineering techniques.
A phishing attack is a fake email designed by malicious hackers and thieves to look like it is coming from a trusted brand or institution – including your employer. The goal is to get you to click on the links and/or open an attachment.
- Implement filters at the email gateway to filter out emails with known phishing indicators.
- Consider blocking file attachments that are commonly associated with malware.
- Apply appropriate patches and updates.
- Provide social engineering and phishing training to employees.
- Use antivirus programs with automatic updates of signatures and software.